Monday 29 July 2013

Magpie Monday - Granny Chic

Finally, we made it to a boot sale this weekend.

Just a short post because I forgot how difficult it was to do tinternet stuff with my daughter at home!

I was really please to pick up this huge bundle of pretty lacy handkerchiefs.  They may not be to everyones taste, but I intend to give some to Ruby (my daughter currently takes one of her Dad's HUGE hankies everywhere with her, so these will be a little more suitable); some I will use as they happily have my initials; some will be used for making lavender sachets (we have loads left over from our trip to the lavender farm); and I fancy having a go at a patchwork panel.  My friend made a cafe curtain out of old lace hankies an it looked beautiful.




They've all had a good soaking in whitener an are now all hanging pristine on the line.  There's 30 + of them, so a total steal at £2 the lot.

I also picked up this box of scented drawer liners to complete my granny chic over-haul.  Actually, to be fair I won't be fragrancing my smalls with them, but the paper is so pretty I can use it for crafts, to make cards an for wrapping paper.  20p bargain!



Did you pick up any second-hand treasures?  I'd love you to grab the badge and link up.


21 comments:

  1. Wow I can see some beautiful hanky bunting coming on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanky bunting would be lovely wouldn't it? I'd have to hang it high though or a certain little person would be having cheeky wipes! That's not a good look! x

      Delete
  2. So so pretty! Love the drawer liners! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really lovely, and although they do smell nice I physically can't fit anything more in my drawers, not even a wafer thin piece of paper!

      Delete
  3. They're gorgeous, and what a total find to pick them up as a bundle. I have dreams about making a patchwork table runner from my collection of handkerchiefs and doillies but the collection may be 10 years older by the time I get round to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage hankies and have quite a collection. Thanks for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so rarely see them, I'd really like some of the 70s children's ones with nursery rhymes that I had as a kid.

      Delete
  5. The floral pattern on the drawer liners is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granny Chic - what a great category. Thanks for hosting.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're so pretty - almost too nice to blow your nose with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maybe but more... err... green (not a great choice of words, given my daughter's nose currently) than tissues ;0)

      Delete
  8. I like the idea of lavender pouches. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grab vintage hankies whenever I find them!

    ReplyDelete